Re: How to programmatically clear "Wait for dial tone before dialing"?

Also you can try "ATX0". That should perform a blind dial and not wait for
dial tone.
You can set each modem to set this on startup by configuring the modem in
'start', settings, control panel, modems, ... , properties, connection tab,
advanced button, extra settings, add the ATX0.
Jack

"Bob Day" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks so much, Matthias and Grant, for your speedy replies. I thought
the setting must be in the registry somewhere, but the registry is vast!
Your
info gives me a fighting chance of finding it. A broader question
occurred
to me though -- perhaps I should have asked it first: I'm trying to write
program for my voice modem that will allow it to join an already ongoing
conversation on my telephone line and to record the conversation.

I have found that if I manually uncheck the "Wait for dial tone before
dialing"
checkbox in Device Manager and use a telephone number string consisting of
just a comma (","), the modem connects -- I get
LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED in my line callback function -- and the
program records the conversation nicely. If, however, I don't uncheck the
"Wait for dial tone before dialing" checkbox before running my program,
I never get LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED.

I'm pretty much a beginner at TAPI and now I'm wondering whether doing
the equivalent of unchecking the "Wait for dial tone before dialing"
checkbox
and using "," for a dial string is the best way to make the modem join a
currently ongoing call, or is there a better, simpler, perhaps more
reliable,
way of doing it?

-- Bob Day

"Matthias Moetje [MVP]" <moetje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Bob,

in addition to Grant's reply: In order to change the setting permanently,
you can also modify the entry in the registry. Modem settings are
stored at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

I don't know in which value the "Wait for Dialtone" setting is stored
but you may use a registry diff tool if you don't find it...

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
Fon: +49 89 143370-0
Fax: +49 89 143370-22
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www: www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

"Bob Day" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In the modem properties dialog box in Device Manager,
there is a checkbox labelled "Wait for dial tone before dialing".
Is there any way, programmatically, to enable or disable
"Wait for dial tone before dialing"?

-- Bob Day

  • Re: BT and 1571
    ... In article, Bryn Evans ... Is there a problem when dialing in within a BT line, ... If you mean the presence of the interrupted dial tone then there may ... it depends on your modem. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: How to programmatically clear "Wait for dial tone before dialing"?
    ... the setting must be in the registry somewhere, ... I have found that if I manually uncheck the "Wait for dial tone before dialing" ... "Wait for dial tone before dialing" checkbox before running my program, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Fax number is dialing too quickly
    ... "Peter R. Fletcher" wrote: ... Advanced Modem Properties settings for the modem you are using - in ... This will explicitly tell the modem to wait until it hears a dial tone ... before dialing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Fax number is dialing too quickly
    ... Advanced Modem Properties settings for the modem you are using - in ... This will explicitly tell the modem to wait until it hears a dial tone ... before dialing. ... Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Internal modem, settings cannot be changed
    ... it does not solve the other problem: to tell the modem NOT to wait for the dial tone before starting to dial the number. ... what happens in hotels is that you hear a certain tone on the line before you dial a specific prefix. ... Recently, in a hotel, I needed to change the settings so that it started with a dial prefix and did not wait for the dial tone. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)