Re: read office files using ole32.dll

Hi Michael,
I dont see any clsid values when viewed from DFVIEW.exe.

Here is my condition
I have a doc file like this

-doc
---todo_sql.zip //embedded attachment
------todo_sql.txt //inside zip file
------W.doc //inside zip file

when i dump the content of "ole10native" not "contents" then it adds
extra bytes to the header.
the string added is

"todo_sql.zip c:\todo_sql.zip c:\todo_sql.zip" PK

I added the embedded object(zip) to doc file from c drive and it shows
the same, dont know why?
If i added it from else where it shows the respetive path.

I know first 6 bytes are garbage but i dont know how many byte should
i skip.
Is there any way i can find out how many bytes to skip so that it
starts with Header signature of the file.

take care

  • Re: Splitting huge XML Files into fixsized wellformed parts
    ... copy of the header from the ... I'd abstain from splitting the file according to file sizes in MB ... Copy Offer from OriginalXMLDatei to NewFile ... Please dont ask me ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: header
    ... This message is posted to a newsgroup. ... > If I open a doc file, ... >>> I want to place the file creation date in a office 2003 word header. ...
  • Re: Parsing dirty/corrupt data. Advice wanted
    ... > The data has a strict format, a header line followed by lines of data ... > cases until the next header line. ... > with junk/data I dont want. ... Some of the junk can be easily ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Linux kernel exploit
    ... you dont have time to read header notes, but do have time to run code you ... the exploit header. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: setting header/footer in word from ASP page
    ... I'm automatically making the user save the .doc file, ... in the web browser using VBScript: ... Do you know how I can get the header page saved on the user's machine as well? ... You'll see Word's round-trip HTML. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.automation)