Re: Obtaining info from an USB-device using DeviceIoControl

Hello Pavel,

There is also a smaller USB sample on intel.com developer site -
search there for "DisplayUSB.cpp sample" or DUSBVC.PDF.

I've found a PDF as the first-displayed Google link as well as a .c version
here : http://hpoussineau.free.fr/reactos/displayusb.c

Thanks.

-- Origional message --
Pavel A. <pavel_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in berichtnieuws
OlYTGUbNJHA.588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"R.Wieser" <address@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a possibility I can look into that sourcecode *without* loading
236
MByte, burning it to a CD or DVD and than (most likely) have to install
it
?

There is also a smaller USB sample on intel.com developer site -
search there for "DisplayUSB.cpp sample" or DUSBVC.PDF.
( email me if you can't find it, or have hard time extracting the code
from
the PDF ).

P.s.
When I connect a new USB-device to my Windows-machine it directly tells
me
which kind of device has been attached. I've unable to find out how it
does that, and would like a hint to that too.

It reads the device class (=type) and name from the device descriptors.
Later when the driver is installed, the name from the INF overrides that

--PA

.