Re: Obtaining info from an USB-device using DeviceIoControl

Hello Pavel,

There is also a smaller USB sample on intel.com developer site -
search there for "DisplayUSB.cpp sample" or DUSBVC.PDF.

I've found a PDF as the first-displayed Google link as well as a .c version
here : http://hpoussineau.free.fr/reactos/displayusb.c

Thanks.

-- Origional message --
Pavel A. <pavel_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in berichtnieuws
OlYTGUbNJHA.588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"R.Wieser" <address@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a possibility I can look into that sourcecode *without* loading
236
MByte, burning it to a CD or DVD and than (most likely) have to install
it
?

There is also a smaller USB sample on intel.com developer site -
search there for "DisplayUSB.cpp sample" or DUSBVC.PDF.
( email me if you can't find it, or have hard time extracting the code
from
the PDF ).

P.s.
When I connect a new USB-device to my Windows-machine it directly tells
me
which kind of device has been attached. I've unable to find out how it
does that, and would like a hint to that too.

It reads the device class (=type) and name from the device descriptors.
Later when the driver is installed, the name from the INF overrides that

--PA

  • Re: Installing RAMDISK.INF and SYS without "Add new hardware"
    ... > Contrary to what Pavel A. writes, the HTM file has only the "Add new ... > something more than I with the CreateService call. ... >> File RAMDISK.HTM in the sample explains how to install. ... >>> and I don't get any errors executing it, ...
  • Re: Install USB memory Stick
    ... site:microsoft.com "device class". ... hardware ranking, plug and play, and signed drivers. ... there is no silver bullet to allow users to install USB devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: raw mode pdo not showing up under proper device class in windows x
    ... the device class you specify in IoCreateDeviceSecure is ... not hte device class in which the PDO will be installed under. ... class guid into IoCreateDeviceSecure. ... are set to silentinstall and rawmodeok and the devices install without an ...
  • Re: Is SMBus driver of Intels ICH4 SMBus controller available?
    ... > Dear Pavel ... Can I get SMBus 2.0 driver for ... > ICH4 installed on my machine and write a AP instead of Active Monitor? ... does not install on your specific ICH4 based board; ...
  • Access denied when trying to delete device class
    ... I'm trying to modify the Event sample driver from the WDK. ... My first change was to give it an inf file that will install ... Now I would like to remove this device class. ...