Re: Inline assembler reference

This is the reason why it just does not make sense to "improve" your code
by
using assembly, unless you are sure that context switches, page faults,
etc
cannot occur while your code runs. No wonder only small parts of Windows
kernel and HAL are written in pure assembly

What you say makes sense and I didn't know these things (relating to
kernel/driver programming). Since we're talking about two different things,
I'll stay out of the topic from now on.

I suppose, under the conditions above discribed, I'd not want to use
assembly programming in my driver also.

Thanks,
Shawn

  • Re: Hello Everyone!
    ... is the worst possible operating system on the planet (and most likely ... Windows on the other hand is a GUI'ed and ... Wintendo also requires regular reboots and its kernel still contains ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Hello Everyone!
    ... Since Vista is a version of MICROS~1 Wintendo and MICROS~1 Wintendo is ... the worst possible operating system on the planet (and most likely in ... Windows on the other hand is a GUI'ed and ... Wintendo also requires regular reboots and its kernel still contains ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • EEYE: Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation
    ... Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation ... Medium (Local Privilege Escalation to Kernel) ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • [Full-Disclosure] EEYE: Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation
    ... Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation ... Medium (Local Privilege Escalation to Kernel) ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • unsubscribe
    ... delete your Windows partition TODAY! ... >> If you want to build kernel modules, you need to use the kernel headers ... >> I would like to know if anyone had a chance to installed Debian or other ... > I find the evince with Debian has very poor performance when I open ...
    (Debian-User)