Re: Re:How To Suspend Thread In Kernel?

NO I HAVE TRIED DOING THIS SUSPEND AND CAN TELL YOU IT DOES BAD THINGS. AND
IN FACT LATER I READ THE SOURCE AND CAN TELL YOU IT WILL NOT WORK!!!

I also am a consultant who works on the edge, a number of my projects the
customer had been told by Microsoft it was impossible in Windows. I can
tell you that most of the time blundering off into the undocumented world is
not a great idea. The Zw calls that are not exposed in the kernel are in
most cases a very bad idea, either there is a way to do it in the kernel or
you really should not do it.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting

  • Re: interactive services
    ... And you still cannot do it in the kernel. ... You never could in Windows. ... Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting ... The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. ...
  • Re: Hello Everyone!
    ... Since Vista is a version of MICROS~1 Wintendo and MICROS~1 Wintendo is ... the worst possible operating system on the planet (and most likely in ... Windows on the other hand is a GUI'ed and ... Wintendo also requires regular reboots and its kernel still contains ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Hello Everyone!
    ... is the worst possible operating system on the planet (and most likely ... Windows on the other hand is a GUI'ed and ... Wintendo also requires regular reboots and its kernel still contains ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • EEYE: Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation
    ... Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation ... Medium (Local Privilege Escalation to Kernel) ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • [Full-Disclosure] EEYE: Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation
    ... Windows VDM TIB Local Privilege Escalation ... Medium (Local Privilege Escalation to Kernel) ...
    (Full-Disclosure)