Re: Deleting Files

From: William DePalo [MVP VC++] (willd.no.spam_at_mvps.org)
Date: 09/14/04

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:18:14 -0400

"Murthy" <Murthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0DED62A4-68FD-46D4-8874-925C3977BF6E@microsoft.com...
> How can I delete files with filenames containing wildcards
> (ex: *.dat)? The Win32 API DeleteFile() does not accept
> wildcards.

Check the docs for ShFileOperation().

> (Using FindFirstFile/FindNextFile and deleting files one by one
> will be too long....

Why?

Regards,
Will

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deleting weird-named files
    ... Whenever I get stuck with filenames that included wildcards, ... I try specifying the file to delete with wildcards that will match ONLY ... I don't know if Gnome's file manager (or ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SIMH Altair simulator question
    ... The latest version support wildcards and path in filenames. ... directory called "vde" in the working directory) on a disk image (mounted as ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: SIMH Altair simulator question
    ... The latest version support wildcards and path in filenames. ... directory called "vde" in the working directory) on a disk image (mounted as ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Two questions about mains arguments
    ... Consider the reasonably common command line ... (and feel free to move the options in front of the filenames if you ... and then the program has to handle the wildcards anyway ... at the whims of the developers (of either the applications or the CRT ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: [Crawl] Patch update: travel exclude, waypoints on level map
    ... the regex is for the game message that must be matched before ... //> the corresponding sound is played. ... Wildcards aren't supported for ... // wildcard matching on the sound filenames, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.misc)