Re: VC++ Compiler idioms manifest

From: Don Burn (burn_at_stopspam.acm.org)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 06:47:51 -0400

Sorry, the ten year tail is incorrect. The 4 proposals for ADA were
reviewed in 1978, I can't remember when the first revision of the language
definition was, but it was roughly 1-2 years later. There were at least 2
different compliant ADA compilers by 1984.
The language has changed since then, but it never took 10 years.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting