Virtual Graphics Adapter driver support for reverse resolution.
- From: "anshul makkar" <anshulmakkar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 29 Aug 2006 07:20:06 -0700
I have written a virtual graphics adapter driver that consists of -:
- > miniport driver that does nothing except from returning true or
- > display driver is just a skeleton driver that pass all the call to
it to DIB engine through eng calls.
Display driver dll has been written to support the standard resolution
of 800 * 600 . It works well for my extended graphics monitor.
But I want my graphics driver to support the reverse resolution mode of
480 * 800.When in DrvGetmodes i give the resolution as 480 * 800 and
then when I load the graphics driver , the error message flashes that
"this driver has been written for older version of windows..." and the
driver does not get loaded..
Then I tried my graphics driver with ATI card that supports some of
the reverse resolutions. eg 800 * 1200 etc.
So in my graphics drivers DrvGetModes I gave the resolution as 800 *
1200 , and then loaded the graphcis driver.
To my surprise the driver got loaded properly.
Now , I fail to understand why this dependency of my virtual graphics
adapter driver is there on the main ATI graphics adapter.
If this dependency is there , then I can only support resolution that
are supported by the ATI card ?
I want to support resolution of 480 * 800 in my virtual graphics
adapter. If anyone has any idea then please share it .
- Prev by Date: Re: How to display specific unicode characters?
- Next by Date: Re: Application focus
- Previous by thread: Re: How to display specific unicode characters?
- Next by thread: Re: Virtual Graphics Adapter driver support for reverse resolution.