Virtual Graphics Adapter driver support for reverse resolution.

Hi,

I have written a virtual graphics adapter driver that consists of -:

- > miniport driver that does nothing except from returning true or
false

- > display driver is just a skeleton driver that pass all the call to
it to DIB engine through eng calls.

Display driver dll has been written to support the standard resolution
of 800 * 600 . It works well for my extended graphics monitor.

But I want my graphics driver to support the reverse resolution mode of
480 * 800.When in DrvGetmodes i give the resolution as 480 * 800 and
then when I load the graphics driver , the error message flashes that
"this driver has been written for older version of windows..." and the
driver does not get loaded..

Then I tried my graphics driver with ATI card that supports some of
the reverse resolutions. eg 800 * 1200 etc.
So in my graphics drivers DrvGetModes I gave the resolution as 800 *
1200 , and then loaded the graphcis driver.

To my surprise the driver got loaded properly.

Now , I fail to understand why this dependency of my virtual graphics
adapter driver is there on the main ATI graphics adapter.

If this dependency is there , then I can only support resolution that
are supported by the ATI card ?

I want to support resolution of 480 * 800 in my virtual graphics
adapter. If anyone has any idea then please share it .

  • Re: Virtual Graphics Adapter driver support for reverse resolution.
    ... virutal graphics adapter driver. ... graphics adapter driver on the the main ATI graphics adapter.. ... Display driver dll has been written to support the standard resolution ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)
  • Re: Looking for some help.
    ... machine, 30 seconds, freeze. ... Unfortunately, doing a graphics test that uses hardware acceleration, ... Nvidia and ATI have binary driver packages ... I don't see a reason to buy any more disk drives. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • RE: Direct memory access controller driver problem ?
    ... no driver is installed, but on the other hand says it is working normally!! ... DMA controller is turned off. ... 8Mb to run the graphics, yet everything I can see points to the graphics card ... install the chipset installation utility,then the graphics driver,if the ...
  • Re: Need driver for graphics card that supports wide screen (1600x1050
    ... I have a wide screen with native resolution 1600x1050 and I am looking for a driver for my graphics card that supports this mode. ... I have already searched the manufacturers' webpage with no success, and now I am wondering whether Windows XP has a standard graphics driver that would work with my graphics card and support wide screen format. ... and see if the new monitor is giving its EDID ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: i845 on RedHat 8.0
    ... i810 is an XFree86 driver for the Intel i810 family of graphics chipsets. ... The i810 has a unified memory architecture and uses system memory for video ... By default 8 Megabytes of system memory are used for graphics. ... in decreased 3D and 2D graphics performance and features. ...
    (alt.linux)