Google Camera Adapter shows up as a source when it is not

I recently installed Gmail Chat to use a webcam with the chat feature.
Now when I enumerate the VideoInputDevices on my machine there are
entries for "Google Camera Adapter 0" and "Google Camera Adapter 1",
when they are not actually video sources. I'm using Win XP.

Has anyone else run into the same problem? Is this a bug with Gmail
Chat?

They show up in GraphEdit under Video Capture Sources. When you try to
insert one of them, it spits out the following error:

"The filter could not be created. Resources used by this filter may
already be in use.

A DLL initialization routine failed.
(Return code: 0x8007045a)"

.