Re: Can't seek DV AVI through D/A converter
- From: "Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DS/MF]" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:00:03 +0200
If I make a graph to play a DV AVI (Type II) file through
the video renderer, it seeks just fine. However, if I
make it play out through an external D/A box (ADVC-110),
it won't seek.
This graph will seek...
TYPE_II_file.avi -> AVI splitter -> DV video decoder ->
This graph will NOT seek...
TYPE_II_file.avi -> AVI splitter -> DV Muxer -> Microsoft
DV camera and VCR
Any ideas how to make this work? I was thinking that
GDCL's "Multiple Graph Toolkit" might help, but I'm not
sure. I expect it's the fault of the DV Mux, since lots
of production DV video editing software packages allow
you to seek their timeline.
Yes, it's most likely the muxer's fault since, like most
muxers, it is meaningless to seek it.
The simplest solution, if it works, is to QI the demuxer's
output pins for IMediaSeeking and seek the demuxer directly,
since after all seeking is its task.
If it doesn't work, you need a multi-graph approach, using
Geraint's GMFBridge or your own.
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// a dot angeli at psynet dot net
- Prev by Date: IVMRVideoStreamControl::Set* dont work?
- Next by Date: Re: How to set MaskNum Property
- Previous by thread: IVMRVideoStreamControl::Set* dont work?
- Next by thread: I've to implement a Pause-Function while Capturing............