Re: Audio on preview stream

"Chris P. [MVP]" <msdn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:1h55gza8vewu6.11oe9oc04800n.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx:

If the capture device relays the audio through the sound card via an
external cable then it is more complicated. First you must set the
crossbar on the capture device so that the audio output of the capture
device is connected to the correct input (tuner, line-in etc), this
can also be set to follow the video. Second you add the source filter
for the sound card, get it's mixer interface from the pins and make
sure it's configured for the correct source (line-in usually).
Finally you can render its output pin. The order of these events
actually doesn't matter just presented in logical order here.

Aha, we're on to something here. When I select the Audio Decoder Out and
choose the 'line in' in graphedt I get audio with both my test devices.
Now, on one device the Audio Decoder Out is a pin on the Video crossbar and
the second device has a separate audio crossbar. Is there a consistent way
of programmatically finding the 'Audio Decoder Out' pin for a given device?

  • Re: TV tuner audio disable at composite input
    ... >> if I build a rendergraph from my tuner filter I have always the audio ... >> each time the tuner input is not selected? ... > What card are you using, does this card have a crossbar, if yes, does the ...
  • Capture MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio directly from crossbar
    ... The WinTV2000 application that comes with the USB stick can render the audio ... The crossbar also tells me it can output audio, but the media type of the ... filter, and capture it via the soundcard. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Capture MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio directly from crossbar
    ... audio streams from a crossbar, since I cannot rely on a soundcard ... render the audio it has to be exposed by the capture source. ... I've tried all relevant filter property page settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Capture MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio directly from crossbar
    ... since I cannot rely on a soundcard being present in ... audio filter that I can use for this purpose? ... And do all crossbars present analog audio on their ... The audio on a crossbar is never directly renderable, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: WoZ the whiny complainers just dont get it ! ....
    ... cause its the first and earliest flipping version ever of the game, ... the audio on the WW vid..is NOT the audio for the game..it was ... I'm not saying that this title will be the best pin ever, but, you ... repeated.....but most every game has multiple songs in it, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)