Re: Different media types for sample grabber

On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:38:53 +0200, Piotr Gutkowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In my application I need to grab samples from the input stream in YUY2,
> and extract certain features. This can be easily achieved using Sample
> Grabber. However, I need the output stream of a different media type
> (RGB24) that the input stream. Is it possible to create such a filter
> graph? Or is it better to connect the output pin of the Sample Grabber
> to null renderer and build another graph with a push source filter for
> which I will be able to set any media type I want? Which one is better
> in case of creating two output streams?
>
> regards,
>
> Piotr

So you want the sample grabber to connect in YUY2, then go through a
converter to output RGB. If you just connect grabber -> colour
converter->vr, they will re-negotiate a suitable type. You need to build a
pass-through filter that only accepts YUY2, and place this after the
grabber. This filter will do nothing except force the media type of the
stream at that point.

  • Re: Using Grabber with YUY2
    ... // First, we need a Video Capture filter, and some interfaces ... >>I am using a grabber to process frames and preview. ... >>the video source is set to RGB but not when it is set to YUY2. ...
  • Re: Displaying WMV from a stream
    ... ksproxy makes it appear like a filter to the rest of the world. ... the transport stream. ... Instead of having a file reader that reads and parses - ... as part of the directshow install and is called "FileSource ". ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Network source filter
    ... for mpeg2 transport stream. ... burst [yet to check on network driver]. ... I wrote a network push filter from scratch,base classes used CSource ... The buffers are dispatched out in FillBuffer call. ...
  • Re: 1 bit audio encoding algorithm
    ... store audio as a specially encoded bitstream. ... bit stream is played into an RC low pass filter, ... circuit, which would include a clock, an eprom, and an rc filter. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Displaying WMV from a stream with the WM ASF Reader Filter in a filter graph
    ... stream ). ... It uses DS Pack 2.3.4 and the DS filters from oggDS0995.exe The filter ... function TBCFileStream.SetPointer: HResult; ... inherited Create('File reader', nil, AStream, hr); ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)