Re: Managed DX - deprecated or supported?

Thank you for fast response.

Unfortunately, I'm not a game developer; my DX applications can be rather
described as scientific presentation. I strongly prefer using VB/C# for GUI
development.

Your response suggests following options for me:
1. Switch to XNA Game Studio. Likely, I will need to learn a lot of thing
that are irrelevant to my tasks.
2. Switch to C++ in GUI development.
3. Continue working with deprecated release.
4. Switch to new release, but continue using deprecated managed support.
5. Switch to OpenGL? Some other?

None of the options looks good.
What is Microsoft advise for developers like me?

  • Re: Eye Candy (was Re: Beryl -- can it be installed with apt-get / synaptic?)
    ... a GUI has been my ... unique new features Beryl has over the standard GUIs, ... the window zoom feature. ... No need to switch between ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... One is why/whether should people who already know text-mode ... tools should switch to something with a GUI. ... One reason to switch to the GUI equivalent is simple enough: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... One is why/whether should people who already know text-mode ... tools should switch to something with a GUI. ... Which is why in my role as local expert with these tools ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Does Microsoft fix the Office 2007 nasty GUI issue?
    ... that MS restores the good old flexible GUI for MS Office ... or at least adds an opportunity for users to switch back to the old GUI? ... The new ribbon system is maybe good for beginners, ... tab labels above the buttons and b) button blocks labels under the buttons ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Eye Candy (was Re: Beryl -- can it be installed with apt-get / synaptic?)
    ... people made regarding the switch from using the ... a GUI has been my ... unique new features Beryl has over the standard GUIs, ... I just needed to install and enable beryl. ...
    (alt.os.linux)