Changing the Filename Displayed in a Common File Dialog

I have a software development question regarding the ability to configure the
display of the MFC Common File Dialog on a Desktop PC. Our application is
desktop based, and we typically use a MFC CFileDialog class dialog to provide
the GUI to browse folders and files. Our application is developed using the
C++ language for the Windows platform.

I am attempting to access the file names as they get displayed in the
listview of the Common File Dialog and change the file name text in certain
ways. I was able to do this when the listview was not of style Ownerdata
(which seems to be in XP), but in Vista they seem to be of style Ownerdata
and I am not able to do a SetItemText anymore. Can you help?

.