Re: Placing a model over video (webcam captured)

On Oct 1, 2:52 pm, caio1985 <profissio...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm developing a mixed reality application which captures some points
of the body (using sensors) in real world and draw them on the screen
in form of 3D primitives such as cubes, spheres, cilinders, etc.
In order to achieve that I'm using C# with XNA, the output are these
primities drawn on screen, which moves according to the position of
the sensors.
I've downloaded a library called DirectShowNet which basically is a
wrapper of DirectShow for .NET. There is a sample which comes along
which draws a bitmap over a video file. But this is too far from what
I want to get.

What I want to do, in order to mix realities, is capture video in real
time from a webcam and draw those primities over the video, that's why
I'm writting this post.
Could someone help me on that giving some coordinates so I can get any
progress?

Thanks in advance,

(profissio...@xxxxxxxxx)

You can do what you describe using DirectShow and the VMR9 "custom
allocator presenter". You have a D3D scene, in which you can draw your
video as a texture on a surface, and you can add anything D3D you
want. Look at the VRM9Allocator sample in DirectShowNet.

  • Placing a model over video (webcam captured)
    ... I'm developing a mixed reality application which captures some points ... of the body (using sensors) in real world and draw them on the screen ... What I want to do, in order to mix realities, is capture video in real ... time from a webcam and draw those primities over the video, ...
  • What am I doing wrong here? Trying to draw 10 lines, multiple colors
    ... Trying to draw 10 lines, ... but I can't get multiple colors working. ... This program demonstrates direct memory mapping in video ... SetScreenBackground PROC ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Wet-clean your sensor, or just blow it off?
    ... their sensors, I've had nothing but mixed to bad results with anything ... A few puffs with the "rocket" and most loose dust will be gone. ... It seems to me no matter how you blow out the chamber, ... operated on double AA cells small enough with enough draw to pull disturbed dust out of the chamber as you blow with compressed gas. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Direct Draw surface (c++)
    ... computer i have an NVIDIA wich dosent support HW overlay surface. ... How can i draw over video only with direct draw ... There is no solution that I am aware of with any of the standard renderers ... The other approach I know is to write your own video renderer (the sampvid ...
  • Re: How to draw an object on an surface by
    ... > An video capture card driver draws dynamic image using offscreen ... > I am new to DirectX. ... Is there any way to draw an object floating on the ...