Re: Is MDX deprecated?

marc.crandall@xxxxxxxxx spake the secret code
<ac8118c8-50c2-4a3b-8ea8-54361dbc6cef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> thusly:

Should MDX still be used for new .NET development (on Vista and XP)?

No.

Is Microsoft still supporting this technology?

No.

What are the alternatives, particularly for sound, in the .NET
framework?

You have several:

1) write your own wrapper around the native functionality you need using
Managed C++/CLI.

2) Use XNA Game Studio Express

3) Use SlimDX

  • Re: Identifier like "_", "$", etc.
    ... The name of the framework is call "Underscore". ... `Object.extend` has been in Prototype since its inception and was mainly a plain general purpose helper. ... Did you forget what typeof reports for regex objects in webkit? ... // Add all of the Underscore functions to the wrapper object. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: GUIs - A Modest Proposal
    ... Using a setter method instead of a property. ... a Qt-based wrapper, and another using the same module choose to have it ... Since many seem to be married to a particular GUI framework, I was just suggesting that a thin wrapper around the framework might be fruitful, with wax as a working proof-of-concept. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Definitive Answer
    ... To make a long story short, as time goes on _MORE_ of the framework relies ... it's a TAPI2 or a TAPI3 wrapper and if it's 3rd party or homegrown. ... windows messages were _the_ IPC mechanism. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: COM wrappers
    ... I just saw an article earlier today showing how you can do it in .Net Full ... Framework by using a Managed C++ Wrapper and providing DLL exports. ...
  • Re: VB6, VB2005, or Something Else?
    ... the managed framework if they want to use the new graphics framework. ... examined the framework drills down to some library or win32 api call. ... Your code is only a wrapper around API functions too;-). ... level languages have to use the Win32 API - even the .NET framework. ...