Re: DirectX for C# SDK

"Armin Zingler" wrote:

"Alex Maghen" <AlexMaghen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb
Hi. More than a year ago, and in an earlier version of VS, I
installed the DirectX SDK to use in a Windows Forms C# app. I just
tried to open that old project on a new (Vista now) computer running
VS 2008. I opened the project and it said that the
"Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback" reference was missing. So I
went to MSDN and downloaded and installed the "dx9sdk.exe" DirectX9
SDK with the C# stuff - or so I thought. For some reason, after I
did that, the reference still could not be found. Am I doing
something wrong?

Is the DLL available in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed
Code\1.0.2902.0 ? If not, (re)install DirectX. It's part of DirectX, not
of the SDK (which might contain DX redist; I don't remember).

If you create a new project and open the "add reference" dialog, do you
have some "Microsoft.DirectX*" assemblies available (on the ".NET" tab)?
I do have "Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoplayback" there. (BTW, MDX SDK
Feb 2007)

If you open the "DirectX control panel" (in Start menu -> DX SDK ->
Utilities), open the "managed" tab, do you have
"Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoplayback" there?

Armin

  • Re: vc10
    ... "Karsten Schulz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ... We have seen some cases where the DirectX SDK installer modifies the Visual Studio include path and puts the DirectX SDK entries first. ... This causes the build to use DirectX versions of some files that are a different version that the files in the Visual Studio SDK. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vc)
  • Re: DirectX for C# SDK
    ... "Armin Zingler" wrote: ... installed the DirectX SDK to use in a Windows Forms C# app. ... "Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback" reference was missing. ... SDK with the C# stuff - or so I thought. ...
  • Re: vc10