RE: DirectX in a UserControl -- now with link

Identified the problem:

It seems that the vertices were lost before rendering. So I moved the
generation of the vertex buffer and the vertices into function OnResetDevice.

Works now as expected.

PaulH

  • Re: High kernel CPU times during rendering
    ... less than 500 SetTexture calls per frame? ... My module is a C++ Direct3D9 dll, hosted by a GUI application written ... Direct3D9::Static vertex buffer locked more than once per ... performace penalty I found during the rendering phase of my module, ...
  • RE: Thread vertex locks/Rendering
    ... The render loop was issuing the threaded command list while a separate ... thread is updating the contents of another vertex buffer that probably isn't ... buffer usage with a lock and a rendering I think. ... MISCELLANEOUS CORRUPTION #28: CORRUPTED_MULTITHREADING] ...
  • Re: Vertex buffer multithreading
    ... > another thread does the rendering. ... > Vertex data for many shapes is aggregated into large vertex ... > Access to each vertex buffer is controlled by a critical section. ... set vertex buffer could be locked by your loading thread at the time ...
  • Re: MDX Performance
    ... private void OnDeviceReset ... THERE IS NO VERTEX BUFFER SINCE I'M USING A SPRITE (BUT I HACE SIMILAR FPS ... AND HERE IS THE RENDERING CODE: ...
  • Re: Vertex Arrays
    ... If you define a cube with 8 vertices, the amount of unique normal vectors is limited. ... Indexed rendering allows the hardware to cache the vertex indices; if some vertex is transformed, and hardware sees that the index is in the cache, it can use the processed vertex. ... Let's see, if you define the cube with individual triangles with individual non-indexed vertices like this, you indeed need 36 vertices. ... Now we compile this into a vertex buffer where each vertex is unique. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)