Access to Path Denied

Working in VB 2005 windows application. Want to use a little .ini file to
hold the name of the database server. Placed the .ini file next to the .exe
file. Apparently Server 2003 is telling me I can't access a text file!
First run in VS debug folder then moved to a desktop folder (both .exe and
..ini) and get the same error. I'm running as the administrator.
Anybody else gotten this error before? I'm a developer and clueless when it
comes to this kind of thing. It's never happened before.
Any help will be appreciated.

  • RE: Access to Path Denied
    ... hold the name of the database server. ... Placed the .ini file next to the .exe ... First run in VS debug folder then moved to a desktop folder (both .exe and ...
  • Re: Final Post of the day - Array
    ... The exe was being locked by the network somehow and could not be replaced. ... reads an INI file, and from that INI file it loads a new EXE (and closes ... My original app idea will not be run thru a network. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Checking open events
    ... The different servers are configured using an ini file, ... basically the same exe runs with different configurations each ... Does the INI file name get passed to the server on the command line, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Please help - getting error when open program - "Type Mismatch"
    ... file I saved it out side of the folder where my INI file is stored. ... While trying to trouble shoot the error I was getting I saved the exe ... A common source of differences between the IDE and compiled is that in the IDE, ...
  • Re: Please help - getting error when open program - "Type Mismatch"
    ... Also I can make it an exe. ... compiles ok... ... selecting Toggle, then selecting "Break on All Errors." ... file I saved it out side of the folder where my INI file is stored. ...