Re: Managed DirectX, C# and Visual Studio 2008

"Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]" <chuckw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spake the secret code
<eoID03sNIHA.5264@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> thusly:

[...] The new 'Multi-target' feature of VS 2008 may allow
you to force it to .NET 2.0 to make it work if needed.

I haven't tried it yet, but it appears in the project properties as a
combobox where you select the version of the runtime you're targeting:
2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. (3.0 and 3.5 are really using 2.0 of the CLR with
additional classes in the framework.)

  • Re: Ignoring build event errors
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... event run program returns -1 which stops the build process. ... Try putting 'exit 0' as the last command in your build event. ... Legalize Adulthood! ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)
  • Re: Rotation
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... Are you trying to move the object or change the viewpoint of the ... Legalize Adulthood! ...
  • Re: D3DX and VS2005
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... Have you tried re-ordering the include directories so that the DXSDK include ... default search dirs shipping with VS.NET ... Legalize Adulthood! ...
  • Re: Newbie with Plenty of Time
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... Go for C++ and head on over to and check out ... do in C++ that don't map well to Java/.NET. ... Legalize Adulthood! ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Re: Vertex Buffer Reuse - how?
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... I did not gain the performance I was hoping for. ... no single answer to the "how do I draw fast" question. ... Legalize Adulthood! ...