MDX in multiple forms.

Hello,

Just starting with managed DirectX. I've followed an example from a
book which draws a triangle in the window. All is fine.

Now I wanted to try and incorporate this into my current project (just
for proof of concept). This project has a non DirectX form and I want
to choose a menu option to spawn a form that is using DirectX.
(project has many other non DirectXpop up forms so don't want
everything to be DirectX).

The problem is my form using DirectX isn't rendering. I can step
through its onpaint and everything appears fine, but the screen is
just rendered opaque.

If I drag the window off the edge of the screen and back, part of the
window is rendered (the bit that was still visible).

Initially, I thought, I may have to create a new thread for the form
to be created in, but I get similar results.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

  • Re: D3D10 Rendering Directly onto DWM Surface?
    ... DirectX 10 or DXGI: ... Render a cube onto an RGBA render target. ... without me having to BitBlt from the render target to the Layered Window? ... only the cube can be composed (by DWM) seamlessly with other desktop windows. ...
  • Re: DirectSound window handle and global focus
    ... The demo program I said worked in the last post also does not work on my ... Do you know of any possible visual studio, directX or windows configuration ... capture sound, even if minimized, or if another window has focus. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: (Complete noob) Second test failed (identifier not found)
    ... I am normally a VB coder so decided to learn DirectX and C++ at the same time but the only thing causing me problems seems to be the compiler with old/bad code from the book & CD. ... HINSTANCE hInst; // global handle to hold the application instance ... // global variable to hold the window handle ... MSG msg; ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: (Complete noob) Second test failed (identifier not found)
    ... I am normally a VB coder so decided to learn DirectX and C++ at the same time but the only thing causing me problems seems to be the compiler with old/bad code from the book & CD. ... HINSTANCE hInst; // global handle to hold the application instance ... // global variable to hold the window handle ... MSG msg; ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • (Complete noob) Second test failed (identifier not found)
    ... I am again trying more code from this book "Beginning DirectX 9". ... HINSTANCE hInst; // global handle to hold the application instance ... // global variable to hold the window handle ... MSG msg; ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)