Re: Mesh and AttributeTable

Hi all,

In answer to my own question, further research has shown that it might be
because i haven't specified which faces belong to which AtrributeRange.

I haven't tried this out yet, but the link i found some info on was
http://www.mdxinfo.com/resources/creatingamesh.php

Andrew :)

"Brook" <ykoorb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want
to assign different textures to different parts of the mesh.

I can't find very much information on how to do this, although the sdk
documentation suggests that i should be setting up two AttributeRange
entries in the mesh AttributeTable. So i did this, I have setup two
ranges, one for a wall and another for a floor. The first 24 faces in the
mesh should be setup for the wall and the next 2 faces should be the
floor. However, when i come to render the mesh (using DrawSubset(i)), both
my floor and my wall are drawn with the same texture. I think this is
because I haven't managed to identify that the floor and wall are in
different subsets. When i use DrawSubset(0) i see both the floor and the
walls being rendered! So either i have setup my attributeranges
incorrectly, or i'm neglecting to do something else.

Has anyone got an example of building a mesh with more than one material?

thanks,
Andrew

  • Re: Mesh and AttributeTable
    ... I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want ... So i did this, I have setup two ... one for a wall and another for a floor. ...
  • Mesh and AttributeTable
    ... I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want to ... assign different textures to different parts of the mesh. ... should be setup for the wall and the next 2 faces should be the floor. ...
  • Re: Anchoring Machne tools to floor
    ... lathe to a concrete floor. ... currently the lathe is about 6" from a cinderbock wall. ... Since I have a lot of room to play with how much clearance from the wall would be a good idea? ... Since this is my first time setting up such a large machine and since concrete anchor bolts are rather permanent I would like to do it right the first time. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Question For The Smarter Than Me Radio People
    ... have a better idea, it's not a big space, but it was built like a mini ... with the outside wall and then the spray foam insulation and then ... The floor is just your ... build a shed mind" .....it would be the easiest to replace - I hope. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)