Mesh and AttributeTable

Hi Everyone,

I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want to
assign different textures to different parts of the mesh.

I can't find very much information on how to do this, although the sdk
documentation suggests that i should be setting up two AttributeRange
entries in the mesh AttributeTable. So i did this, I have setup two ranges,
one for a wall and another for a floor. The first 24 faces in the mesh
should be setup for the wall and the next 2 faces should be the floor.
However, when i come to render the mesh (using DrawSubset(i)), both my floor
and my wall are drawn with the same texture. I think this is because I
haven't managed to identify that the floor and wall are in different
subsets. When i use DrawSubset(0) i see both the floor and the walls being
rendered! So either i have setup my attributeranges incorrectly, or i'm
neglecting to do something else.

Has anyone got an example of building a mesh with more than one material?

thanks,
Andrew

  • Re: Mesh and AttributeTable
    ... I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want ... So i did this, I have setup two ... one for a wall and another for a floor. ...
  • Re: Mesh and AttributeTable
    ... I'm building up my own mesh in a tool which is working well until i want ... So i did this, I have setup two ... one for a wall and another for a floor. ...
  • Re: prepping to lay ceramic tile
    ... I have a kitchen floor I'm replacing the tile in. ... underneath the mesh looks to be support beams. ... Now in days wonderboard is used instead of the wire mesh except ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Concrete - How thin can I go . . .
    ... If you tear out the old floor, and replace it, 4 inch thick is fine, ... more than that is over kill. ... Rather than the mesh, go with #4 (1/2 ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Trachelospermun jasminodes
    ... is a wooden planter approx 1m x .5 m and 1m deep on a south facing wall, ... You will need to tie the vine to your wall. ... poultry mesh from the top of the wall, ... Gardening diary at ...
    (rec.gardens)