Directx 9 audio

I have an application that sequences WAV files, it is written using VB .NET
2003. I am using the AudioVideoPlayback Audio class to play the WAV files
and it does pretty much everything I need in a very simple way. The only
issue I have is that some of the files need to loop seemlessly and using the
"Ending" event and resetting the current position seems to have a glitch or
a delay that causes a glitch in the sound played back. I have searched but
can not find any samples, other than the ones that do exactley what I am
doing, for avoiding this problem. I think the issue may be that the files
being looped are quite large (running around 3 minutes) and that this simple
looping technique is just not fast enough.

Please can someone advise if this approach can be made to work? If not is
there a good sample of streaming WAV files using managed code (vb.net).

Many thanks,
Sid.

  • Re: Audio problem software related
    ... I can play MP3s in WMP9. ... I can play audio CDs. ... Wav files run in WMP9, ... I have uninstalled all media programs except iTunes and Windows Media ...
  • [VulnWatch] SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files
    ... SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files ... I have found two buffer overflows in SoX. ... or play commands handle malicious .WAV files. ...
    (VulnWatch)
  • [VulnWatch] SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files
    ... SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files ... I have found two buffer overflows in SoX. ... or play commands handle malicious .WAV files. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [Full-Disclosure] SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files
    ... SoX buffer overflows when handling .WAV files ... I have found two buffer overflows in SoX. ... or play commands handle malicious .WAV files. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Sound Problem
    ... It doesn't play automatically there. ... it automatically plays sound without launching Windows Media Player. ... .mp3 files and also individual selected .wav files played launch Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)