Re: Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback in NET 2.0

Yeah it looks like I missed the button at the bottom of the page for Set
newsgroup password. In 4 hours or so I should be able to get access.
thx

"ZMan" wrote:

I'm not sure where you are having problems, but if you log in to
connect.microsoft.com, click the 'newsgroups' link on the left and create a
password. Then follow the instructions on that page to create a newgroup
account in your news reader program. (there may be a slight delay when you
set the password before it works).

The MDA setting is per project - I don't know if MDX 1.1 will ever be
changed to fix the problem but if not you will only have to turn it back on
when you change your project to the MDX 2.0 assemblies.
--
Zman
http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX

"flagrant99" <flagrant99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the info. After filling out many useless surveys asking me to
rate
the direct x beta and connect programs for which I am just trying to sign
in
to, I still do not have access to the beta news group server. maybe
someday
I'll figure it out. I wish microsoft would make it easier to comminicate
with
them. Why don't they just make beta newgroups public. I was able to
download
the direct x beta without needing to go through all of this. Sorry just
venting...

Well anyway thanks for the info. I hope Microsoft gets there act together
with all of the SDKs out now it is getting very confusing how to go about
doing things with thier newer SDK's. And if they keep moving things around
it
is going to get more confusing. At least media/direct show wise.

Just take a look at all the media sdk's they have now at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsmedia/downloads/default.aspx.

it's making my head spin. They need an SDK to cover what SDK to use for
what.

Thanks for the loaderlock link that fixed my problems with debugging :)
I Disabled the loader lock MDA, and it is past december so I guess I'll
have
to remember to turn it back on some day further in the future.

"ZMan" wrote:

I don't know if AudioVideoPlayback will be included in MDX 2.0? You
should
ask in the beta newsgroups
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/beta/default.aspx. However since
DirectSHow has been moved out of DirectX and into the platform SDK I
doubt
it.

This mean that yes you will need to continue to reference the 1.1
assembly
alongside the 2.0. However the 1.1 assembly 'should' run just fine with
just
the 2.0 framework on the machine. I can't promise that the 1.1 assembly
won't somehow clash with the 2.0 MDX though... if it does you should also
raise that in the beta newsgroup.

LoaderLock: http://www.thezbuffer.com/articles/304.aspx

--
Zman
http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX

"flagrant99" <flagrant99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a NET 1.1 winforms app that uses
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.
I am in the process of updating the winforms app to NET 2.0.

I installed December 2005 direct SDK but cannot find
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback as being supported in the new
Managed
Direct X assembly. Will this support be added to NET 2.0? If so where?

Am I supposed to reference Managed Direct X run time 1.1 from a NET
Framework 2.0 Forms app? Will this required both NET Framework 1.1. and
2.0
to be installed on client machine?

Also in debugger this seems to be causing LoaderLock exceptions alot. I
figured this might have something to do with Calling into 1.1 Managed
Direct
X from 2.0 WinForms?

Any Info appreciated.

  • Re: Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback in NET 2.0
    ... http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX ... I still do not have access to the beta news group server. ... They need an SDK to cover what SDK to use for ... ask in the beta newsgroups ...
  • Re: Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback in NET 2.0
    ... I still do not have access to the beta news group server. ... They need an SDK to cover what SDK to use for what. ... Thanks for the loaderlock link that fixed my problems with debugging:) ... http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX ...
  • Re: Missing Module- URGENT
    ... Are you sure, the October SDK had 2 versions in it one of which is a beta, ... The DX installer needs .Net on it before it will install the assemblies, ... http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX ...
  • Re: Removing IE 7 Beta Caused Problems
    ... Add/Remove Programs as is the suggested method or removal, ... Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers. ... Well, this problem is not really one with IE 7 beta, is it? ... also...all IE7 Beta 2 Public Preview testers are asked to post their ...
  • RE: "Query Error" in the BizTalk Server Administration Console - BTS2006 Beta 1
    ... Beta newsgroup. ... this error occurs if your local time is UTC ... Meet and interact with key BizTalk Server program managers, developers, and ... Newsgroup Support! ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)