Re: DX for managed code won't install

sorry, something con truncated there....

What are you asking the clients to install? If its just the DX9.0 redist
from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en
then it won't work becuase this contains only the core DX files, no D3DX and
no MDX (or possible very old version I can't remember)

If you have made your own installer and are using dxsetup then you must make
sure the .Net framework is already installed before calling DXSetup.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/directsdk/ProgrammingGuide/InstallingWithDirectSetup.asp

--
Zman
http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX

"ZMan" <zman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> What are you asking the clients to install? If its just the DX9.0 redist
> from here
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en
>
> If you have made your own installer and are using dxsetup then you must
> make sure the .Net framework is already installed before calling DXSetup.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/directsdk/ProgrammingGuide/InstallingWithDirectSetup.asp
>

> --
> Zman
> http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX
>

> "Elfreda" <Elfreda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I have inherited an application that uses directx. I had to make a couple
>>of
>> minor changes to the code and updated it to use directx 9.0c. Everything
>> worked fine on my development machine but on the clients' I get file not
>> found exceptions. It seems like the folders in
>> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Managed DirectX are not getting created and I
>> searched the registry and it also does not have the right entries for the
>> managed code dll's. I'm comparing to what exists on my machine.
>>
>> I have found posts about similar problems from 8 to 12 months ago but the
>> suggested fix (installing from the command line and setting a flag for
>> installing managed) doesn't work. Any ideas to get it to install would be
>> great.
>>
>> FYI I am using VS2003, .NET framework 1.1 and have the Oct SDK update.
>> Thanks

  • Re: Its me
    ... down systems because I market more upscale clients. ... If the average crook thinks someone has an alarm he will ... It cost money to install a system, ... Why wouldn't Bass, if he was so honest & caring, explain to his clients ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: sbs 2003 Clients do not have internet access
    ... clients on your clients side, please make sure that firewall clients works ... If you did not install firewall clients on client side, ... |>This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: word reports an error when trying to print
    ... Hopefully it will continue to work - after re-starts of clients and server ... I install the printer on the server - and then I share it.. ... please refer to the following Microsoft ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: word reports an error when trying to print
    ... I install the printer on the server - and then I share it.. ... On the clients - I can make a 'print test page' OK.. ... please refer to the following Microsoft ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Management Points
    ... > server which has been installed as a secondary site. ... > Advanced clients to their correct site, ... > "Proxy Management Point" being talked about but am a little confused. ... If so how do I install this proxy, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)