cubes + clear black edges

Hi,
basically I want to draw a set of cubes, e.g. in red, and redraw the
edges so that each cube is clearly visible - look a little bit like
LEGO. That kind of works already, so a cube is drawn, it is shaded and
so on, that was all easy, I draw a set of lines after the cubes around
the cubes for the edges.

So that looks good now for one cube, but if I draw multiple cubes and
some of them form a plain area, because they got the same height and
are adjacent, the lines become hardly visible (dotted and so on) and
sometimes even totally disappear. Currently I just use a set of lines
that I draw in black and I assume that the Z-Buffer or so makes them
disapear if one cube is close to be in front of a line to be drawn.

So my question is: how can I draw always clear and visible edges for my
objects? even if they are next to each other and so on?

  • Re: cubes + clear black edges
    ... > so on, that was all easy, I draw a set of lines after the cubes around ... Are you drawing the lines after you draw each cube (i.e. ... when rendering the solid cube. ...
  • Re: Conversion from 3d coords to 2d
    ... course because it comes with all the gizmos you need. ... Then, after rotating/translation/scaling your cubes, you simply multiply ... Perhaps you should google for "3d matrix math", "perspective transform", ... > to draw the images direct to a picturebox... ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Drawing 3D surface
    ... I have to draw a 3 D spheric object containing an internal ... My aim is to draw only this internal object without drawing the ... volume which contain a vertical cubes all over the volume. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Newbie: Linked Cubes...
    ... I'm appealing for some help from a generous person! ... provide me with an example of how to draw 2 cubes in VB6/DirectX 8 with a ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.directx)
  • Re: Rubber Band Box Over Tiff
    ... > the rectangle to be drawn with the mouse, ... but how do I redraw them with the actual image? ... Don't draw the box directly on the image, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)