Re: Missing Module- URGENT

So you have the matching runtime on the laptop. e.g if you built against
October SDK then you need the October SDK runtime.

The DirectX end user run time (which I think is what you also get from
windows update) is *not* enough, it only includes the core files and does
not have managed assemblies or D3DX
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197

You need to include files from the redist directory (or you can get them
here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9930efa6-9f7b-4c8a-aea2-97dd6ab307a2
for october) by following the instructions in the documents for DXSetup.

--
Zman
http://www.thezbuffer.com - News and information for Managed DirectX

"Stephan Rose" <ker-spam-mos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:25:03 -0800, Reuben
> <Reuben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I've created a managed DirectX application in C# and on my desktop it
>>works
>>fine. However, when I run it on my laptop the following exception is
>>thrown
>>during
>>Main() at the call to the constructor of the main form(Display) (the
>>details
>>are given below). If anyone can make any sense of this please let me know
>>as
>>my deadline is uncomfortably close.
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Reuben.
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
>> Message="The specified module could not be found. (Exception from
>> HRESULT:
>>0x8007007E)"
>> Source="Physics Simulation"
>> StackTrace:
>> at Physics_Simulation.Display..ctor()
>> at Physics_Simulation.Display.Main() in C:\Documents and
>>Settings\Reuben\My Documents\Physics Simulation\Display.cs:line 370
>> at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[]
>> args)
>> at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
>>assemblySecurity, String[] args)
>> at
>> Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
>> at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
>> at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
>>executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>> at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
>
> Look at the call at Display.cs on line 370....
>
> What call is that? What does it do? Track it down from there...
>
> I dont think that any of us really can tell you much more than that...
>
> --
> Stephan
> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6 <--- Stolen

  • Re: directpython question
    ... I've got IBM Thinkpad 30 laptop with configuration: ... lpt port ... As Tim already noted, your laptop apparently uses Trident CyberBlade Ai1 graphics card, which is quite old and designed for DirectX 6-8. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Choppy video
    ... 12 GB free memory on HD ... DirectX 9 ... Radeon 9000 Video 32 MB video ... I'm using DSL - I plugged the laptop into the same router port as the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Choppy video
    ... 12 GB free memory on HD ... DirectX 9 ... Radeon 9000 Video 32 MB video ... I'm using DSL - I plugged the laptop into the same router port as the other computer was using. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Debugging using a desktop and laptop
    ... Currently I am coding and debugging a DirectX application on my desktop ... What I would like to do is execute the DirectX application on my laptop ... Also getting the (debug version of the) DirectX app running on the ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Re: DirectX not working in widescreen
    ... Update your version of DirectX. ... into my laptop, and got it up and running. ... laptops internal monitor disabled. ... it refused to enter a widescreen resolution. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)