shader/dx debugger not starting

The folowing is done with vs2003 c#

After installing the dx 2005 june sdk, I have the menu option "start with
directx debugging"
When i load an sdk sample like basichlsl, uncomment the debug_vs and
debug_ps and hit the debug menu item, the project is built with no errors
and then nothing. The project does not start.

If i just run it as usual with f5, then it starts fine.
If i alter the code in the fx file and start the project then i can see my
new effect running as expected.
If i hit "start without debugging" and then attatch the debugger, it
conplains about the shader not having any debug info and again it doesnt let
me debug.

The folowing is done with vs2003 c++
With c++ the "start with directx debugging" does build AND start the
project, It still complains about missing debug information and informs me
that breakpoints will not work.

I have selected to use the debug version of dx and have enabled shader
debugging.

I am interested in getting this to work with c#. I would like to have it
working with vs2005 as well, but aparently I can not select the visual
studio integration from the sdk setup if vs2005 is installed instead of
vs2003.

I have now been installing, removing, loaded clean system image, tried some
other combination of installation for the last two days and right now I am
not quite as happy as I would like to be. Getting this to work with c#
vs2003 is ok, but why on earth cant this integration be installed for vs2005
as well? ...and why will the debugger not start right under vs2003?

ANY hints would be greatly appresiated.

  • Re: ActiveSync/Ethernet/CE6
    ... You can debug applications without redesigning the operating system. ... ActiveSync, or if the application development computer doesn't have ... then created a SDK and generated the MSI. ... ActiveSync should I be installing? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • RE: Debugging OEMUNI Sample
    ... You need to install a checked build of oemuni.dll in order to be able to debug it. ... Here is some information on debugging print drivers in general. ... Installing the debugging tools ... Install the oemuni sample on the "FILE:" port. ...
  • RE: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging" - p
    ... With embedded Visual C++ i can debug. ... > After a successful deployment, I see the following in the Build Output ... > Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging. ... > - Tried installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: DrawIndexedPrimitiveVB and E_NOTIMPL
    ... The debug runtime isn't that much forgiving as the actual retail libraries. ... Older SDK installs can corrupt debug tools of newer debug SDKs (e.g. the ... DirectX control panel going away). ... >> When you install the SDK, you are not installing drivers. ...
  • Re: change d3dx9 dll version
    ... You'll get better tools to debug with, like PIX, ... Installing the SDK, as you ... Installing the latest SDK on both ... D3DX only became a DLL in early 2005 IIRC. ...