Re: rotating camera around origin

You want to change the view matrix in this case, modifying the world matrix
modifies the placement and scaling of objects (changes from model to world
coordinates). Also, you are simply reassigning the matrix, rather than
multiplying the rotations.

Paul

"Nekentros" <Nekentros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Why is it that I can't perform a matrix rotation followed by another such
as:

> device.Transform.World = Matrix.RotationY(angle);
> device.Transform.World = Matrix.RotationX(angle);
>
> When I attempt to do this is nullifies the Y rotation and only does the X
> rotation.

  • Re: Rotation problem
    ... instead of projectionview... ... Try playing around with the placement of ... before doing any rotation in your projection matrix. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: Sega DSP VS Nintendos FX chip
    ... Due to the Sega Genesis "blast processing" capabilities, ... processor could do software scaling and rotation without any additional ...
    (rec.games.video.classic)
  • Re: Simulataneity
    ... translation, rotation or scaling. ... of zero) can cause co-ordinate points to coincide. ... It's _not_ Euclidean space. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Graphic transforms
    ... rotation is not about the desired rotation point. ... before rotating since scaling is on two different axis, ... one must apply scale, then rotate, then translation. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Re: Simulataneity
    ... rotation or scaling. ... Only scaling (with a scale factor of zero) can ... Two consecutive clockwise coordinate rotations thorough pi/4 changes ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)