Re: Odd Behavior with DirectSound and Threading

From: Phil Taylor (phil_at_private-citizen.com)
Date: 12/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:18:39 -0800

the C++ docs, are of course, the first source to consult. they are pretty
clear in that

If the application is multithreaded, the thread that plays the buffer must
continue to exist as long as the buffer is playing. Buffers created on WDM
drivers stop playing when the thread is terminated.

is the thread that starts the play being terminated before the play
terminates?