Re: Playing a simple wave file.

From: Phil Taylor (phil_at_private-citizen.com)
Date: 12/22/04

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:33:59 -0800

does the original SDK sample operate correctly?

if so, its hard to say what you didnt copy. you arent checking for any
errors, though. either the device or the buffer creation could fail.,or the
file could fail to be found. you should test buffer and device before using
them. I suspect the file load is what is failing, though. and buffer is
failing to be created.

if not,then run DXDiag and see what it says about your hw config.