Re: Playing a simple wave file.

From: Phil Taylor (phil_at_private-citizen.com)
Date: 12/22/04

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:33:59 -0800

does the original SDK sample operate correctly?

if so, its hard to say what you didnt copy. you arent checking for any
errors, though. either the device or the buffer creation could fail.,or the
file could fail to be found. you should test buffer and device before using
them. I suspect the file load is what is failing, though. and buffer is
failing to be created.

if not,then run DXDiag and see what it says about your hw config.

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well I actually copied this program from the samples which come with the
> directx 9 sdk, which I installed.
> It stops on the last line in the program and when I added some Try and
> catch
> I only received the mesage that the an error had acurred in the
> application.
> A few weeks ago when I just started with directx, I don't remember the
> debbuger used to stop on the line where the buffer was created and said
> that
> some of the arguments was on in the correct range.. something like that..
> but
> as I tried asfter words I saw that the problem starts much earlier...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Buffer Question
    ... Say set a buffer to use a filter effect. ... I think you are talking about a custom DMO effect - these are attached ... DirectX: echo, distortion, eq, a snazzy reverb etc as you have noticed ... I noticed one for creating DMO audio effects. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: How to compute DirectX audio output latency?
    ... and it is much cleaner and easier to use, especially if your audio source ... Is it needed to do that to get DirectX to work OK? ... DirectX first fills the complete buffer (6144 ... the audio latency is about 6144 samples or as an ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: GetAsyncKeyState(vKey) & 0x8000
    ... isn't there a function to retrieve a keypress from the ... so the buffer remains 'empty', ... i'm writing a 3d engine. ... out the DirectX docs and groups for a definitive answer. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: How to compute DirectX audio output latency?
    ... to be able to correctly synchronize audio and video. ... DirectX first fills the complete buffer (6144 ... the audio latency is about 6144 samples or as an ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: AnoyingDirectXIssue
    ... | is only in software mode of directx. ... | index buffer created with SOFTWARE_PROCESSING flag the ... | specifics). ... | CreateDevice call and the flag int he create vertex/index ...
    (microsoft.public.games.discussion)