Re: Real Time and Garbage Collection

From: Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP] (legalize+jeeves_at_mail.xmission.com)
Date: 12/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:51:29 -0800

"Eric" <ehall@cgl.uwaterloo.ca> spake the secret code
<1103659836.966266.54760@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> thusly:

>Can anything be done to ensure that no frames are ever missed in a
>managed environment?

Are you disposing of all resources that implement IDisposable as soon
as you're done with them?

	    Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Smartphone to Smartphone video Streaming using DirectShow
    ... have any code samples or resources for me to get a better idea? ... I am able to get the Bitmap image from the Samplegrabber ... To achieve a video streaming on the client side, ...
  • Re: Transfering textures between two ID3DDevice9
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... >created in another ID3DDevice9. ... You have to lock the resources on both devices and copy using the CPU. ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Direct3D Dipose handling takes ages!
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... >buffers and 250 index buffers, and then disposed it all, and disposing them ... Did you try disposing of them in the reverse order you created them? ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...