Re: force dx8 loading

From: maceda (maceda_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:53:03 -0800

DX9 don't degrade games made w/ DX8. my video card is slow with DX9 so i
wan't to force the games to run w/DX8 instead of DX9 to have more FPS!!!!
Thanks

> Well, switching DX is up to the game to provide, but if a game was
> created w/ the DX8 SDK, then it will use DX8. The game can't take
> advantage of DX9, if the game doesn't know about it. Now, if your video
> card manufacturer latest driver upgrade happens to degrade your
> performance, that's a different matter, but DX9 shouldn't degrade games
> made w/ DX8.
>
> -----
> http://1DudeGames.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS Train Simulator Video Problem
    ... doesn't require DX9 use the lower level of functionality, ie, DX8. ... As best as I can determine, both games require DX8.0/8.1, so shouldn't ... The driver from NVIDIA do support DX9.0C but the hardware is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Oblivion Delayed
    ... The card just can't do some things, ... All games work. ... The Ti series cards could handle most DX9 games without the enhanced ... game is designed for a 128Mb basic GPU or enhanced for a 256Mb GPU. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: Far Cry (legacy) Blue Transparent Ground
    ... Trying to run DX9 games from eight years ago shouldn't be considered ... For games, lifecycle is 5 years, AFAIC. ... games do allow you to drop to regular sound support (the gamed did have ... PCs and emulation engines. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: God I miss the Old Days
    ... says how little of interest & "newness" is to be found in the Games. ... games are better than ever. ... lot if you're stuck in the stone ages of DX9 and XP for sure. ... agree to disagree and call it a day, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: upgrade?
    ... Also it has an ATI radeon 3800 video card. ... But games are usually "lopsided", with the boss thread running a core at ... Example of a cheap motherboard for the 2500K. ... The benchmark may have been done with a high end CPU, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)