C# DirectX 9 How to Fade Images (jpgs)

From: ilya (ilya.lovell_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/14/04

Date: 13 Dec 2004 17:18:47 -0800

Hi there...

I'm a C# developer now trying to learn a little managed directX. I
really am a flourishing wealth of ignorance in this sphere of
knowledge, and in need of some serious help (a little spoon fed if u
will haha)...

What I am trying to do is basically a slideshow of photos using
Direct3D, to change at a set interval. I need the photos to fade
smoothly into eachother after displaying for a set time. I don't even
know how to display a jpeg in Direct3D (textures, sprites,devices,
surfaces...etc, a little unsure at the mo)

I am hoping eventually to have multiple threads of this process
running on different devices (multi-head graphics card), so more than
one photo can be changing (fading) at a particular point in time. I
assume this could be quite resource intensive, but if each device is
created for each head on the graphics card, should the GPU be able to
manage it? I really want to avoid consuming the CPU if I can.

I'm hoping this is not too complex, sounds simple in theory haha.
Is it possible for someone to help me with some sample code for this
concept in C#?

I have looked a fair bit around google, but haven't had much luck
finding/understanding much of what is out there in this area.

Thanks sooo much in advance for anyone who can help me on this...

ilya.
seding blissful thoughts, inner contentment and warmth your way...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Direct X Problems
    ... I may buy a new graphics card in the future. ... Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." ... says, "Direct3D functionality not available. ... The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Direct X Problems
    ... my graphics card is an older one. ... says, "Direct3D functionality not available. ... The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • What graphics card does VCP for mac emulate?
    ... What graphics card does VirtualPC for the Mac emulate? ... My client is asking me to update a windows app that now *needs* to also run ... Written as a 3d app with Direct3D would be best. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Force software vertex processing
    ... I have a mobility radeon 9200 graphics card which I am stuck with on my ... It works inconsistently with direct3D crashing anywhere from 30 ... programming I noticed that if I use software vertex processing it doesn't ...