Direct3D in a usercontrol

From: Chris Foster (chrisfoster_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 12/09/04

Date: 9 Dec 2004 01:49:21 -0800

I am new to Direct3D and I am wanting to use it within a usercontrol.
I have tried the following two methods.

Scenario (1)
--------
The usercontrol takes a device in an Initialise method. The control
is on an MDI child. I am creating a device within the MDI parent and
passing it through to control.

Problem (1)
-------
I am getting very poor quality rendering which is noticeable when I am
using LineStrip. Parts of the lines are missing and disappear
completely.

Scenario (2)
--------
The usercontrol creates a device within it's constructor.

Problem (2)
-------
This is a neater solution and renders fine. I have read posts that
state devices should NOT be created for each MDI child. Also if
multiple controls are to be used to display the same data, would I
have to duplicate the vertex buffers?

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Instantiate/Load UserControl from DLL
    ... Would you mind giving out the code for FindControlQ? ... UserControl control = packageManager.GetControl; ... does not execute/interpret the actual ascx file that has the HTML ...
  • Re: Instantiate/Load UserControl from DLL
    ... Code Snippet Begin ...] ... UserControl control = packageManager.GetControl; ... does not execute/interpret the actual ascx file that has the HTML ...
  • Re: Dynamically Loading a UserControl
    ... only one user control is being rendered. ... SelectedIndexChanged event do a Server.Transfer and apend a QueryString to ... Requestquery string to know which control to load. ... > keeping track of what UserControl to load upon a page being posted back. ...
  • Re: "The system cannot find the file specified" appears peridically in runtime
    ... As for your questions - pix:DispOfficeMajor is indeed the usercontrol. ... before - the control is perfectly compiled. ... "public" part, root folder of the website - in which that control resides, ... As for your second suggestion - Reference problem. ...
  • Re: Refreshing a user control
    ... Calling a public method of a UserControl that takes care of changing some ... grid (or other control on the page itself) gets bound to some data sourse; ... initially that label of UserControl gets its Text property set ... DeleteCommand event gets ...