2D clipping in Direct3D

From: Aaron (aclamage_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/08/04

Date: 8 Dec 2004 13:39:42 -0800

Hi all,

I just started using Managed Direct3D to handle the rendering for a 2D
Graphics Framework. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do 2D
clipping. The nodes in my framework all use vertex buffers. And, I
need to support non-rectangular clips, just as you can set the clip of
a graphics object to a region constructed from a graphics path, in
GDI+. Any hints?

Thanks,
Aaron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: graphics
    ... Why graphics.sty does not provide a command for box clipping? ... because graphics was born in the olden days of dvi and ... I mean clipping on a rectangle... ... This is why I don't understand why graphics does not provide ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: graphics
    ... I mean clipping on a rectangle... ... This is why I don't understand why graphics does not provide ... PDF units (bp without dimension). ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: graphics
    ... I mean clipping on a rectangle... ... This is why I don't understand why graphics does not provide ... (with sinus/cosinus computations) ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • SetClip not working in GDI+ graphics
    ... This seems to have no effect, when I draw, the clipping seems to be ... I then reuse this same graphics everytime that I draw the contents. ... I get an old style clip region, get the rect of that region, then ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)