Re: .x Object Not Showing Light

From: ZMan (zman_at_thezbuffer.com)
Date: 12/05/04

    Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:08:10 -0800

    Are there normals in the mesh? Assuming you mean some kind of light other
    than ambient the mesh will need to have normals for the light caluclation to
    be done.

    --
    ZMan (zman@thezbuffer.com)
    http://www.thezbuffer.com
    "Randy Chow" <randychow2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone, hope all is well.  I have a issue with a simple box I
    > exported from 3D Studios Max to a .x file.  I placed the object in my
    > scene
    > and loaded the bitmap map.  All is fine, until I enable any light, the
    > light
    > does not show on the object.  I try it with a sphere and it works.  Any
    > ideas?  Thanks.

    • Re: How to move a vertex along its normal vector?
      ... By far the easiest and quickest way to use a vertex shader. ... Then if you want to pretransform the vertices in the mesh then do someting ... LPD3DXMESH pDestinationMesh; ... This sample animates vertex positions along their normals. ...
    • Re: bump mapping, tangent space, ARGH!
      ... Calculating the S and T tangent space vectors. ... > its per-face normals. ... assumptions about the surface the polygonal mesh is approximating. ... > Any tips/tricks on how to debug tangent space calculation, ...
      (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
    • Re: .x Object Not Showing Light
      ... If the mesh contains a triangle strip then my ... In DirectX the normals are at the ... "ZMan" wrote in message ...
    • Re: Terrain Modelling and Light
      ... their triangles is much smaller by comparison. ... > I'm sure the Normals are correct. ... > for the mesh file, and positioning (Heading, Yaw, Pitch, Roll, LatLong, ... > instantiates an Aircraft object, wires up Event Handlers to handle the ...
    • Re: fix surface normals
      ... the triangle whose vertex has the lowest x-value. ... normals point nearly in the same direction. ... ni points into the inner side of your mesh. ...
      (comp.graphics.algorithms)