Re: Using Direct3D to resize GDI+ Bitmaps

From: Scott Smith (ssmith_at_scott-smith.com)
Date: 12/02/04

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:13:33 -0500

I think the performance cost is in moving from system memory to video
memory, because individually, Direct3D is FAST and GDI+ is fast. It just
seems to be moving data between the two that's slow.

I am moving 53760000 bits to video memory (Bitmap -> Surface) (1400x1200x32
bits).

I am moving 8000000 bits from video memory (Surface -> Bitmap) (500x500x32
bits).

I can't believe it's that slow. I mean when you BitBlt something to or from
the screen it just takes a small fraction of a second. But it's still
moving pixel data from video to system memory, right?

Scott Smith
www.scott-smith.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GX1-CS5530 sound problem !!!
    ... the geode interrupt stack gets confused. ... it does take up much more system memory. ... > much CPU time and has to serve much interrupts and does video output. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Deferred procedure calls
    ... Possible the network card and the video are on the same PCI interrupt line. ... > About 4 months ago I bought a new Pentium D from Dell and transferred all my> apps from my old P4. ... Apart from the change from P4 to D, the only other> changes of significance were moving from XP Home SP2 to XP Prof SP2 and> upgrading Office 2000 to Office 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Some Americans care
    ... Please watch this all the way through. ... It's a moving as any video I've ... escorted the procession to the funeral home in McDonough, Georgia. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: PS3 gaining STEAM? literally and figuratively
    ... Wow, now that I really watched that video, go to about 9:15 in the video and ... continue watching where the Asian guy is demonstrating two wands moving a ... the gun is the right hand one. ... Yes, I am talking about the Move in the right hand and even when moving the cursor, you see lag between the wand movement, then reaction of the onscreen action. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: OT: PS3 gaining STEAM? literally and figuratively
    ... Wow, now that I really watched that video, go to about 9:15 in the video and ... the gun is the right hand one. ... Yes, I am talking about the Move in the right hand and even when moving the cursor, you see lag between the wand movement, then reaction of the onscreen action. ... Look at the time frames I mentioned, you can clearly see him moving the Move, then the gun moves in delay.. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)