Re: CustomVertex confusion

From: Phil Taylor (ptaylor_at_private-citizen.com)
Date: 10/30/04

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:24:13 -0700

transformed vertices are already transformed, so the world transform doesnt
do what you expect.

using Position style vertices is the ticket.

perhaps reading on vertex types in the C++ docs is worthwhile.

"Nak" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Not to worry, I finally have it sorted now. I didn't realise that the
> coordinates work on a different scale when using PositionTextured rather
> than TransformedTextured. I have a spinny thing at last!
>
> Nick.
>
> "Nak" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I've just tried going for a translation transform also but the polygon
>> still stays in the same position! Damn and blast....
>>
>> Nick.
>>
>> "Nak" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I am having troubles selecting which custom vertex I require for my
>>> application (cos I'm new to this). Anyway, I have basically a
>>> rectangular texturemapped polygon, and I wish to be able to rotate it
>>> and the like. So far I can only get the textured polygon to get rendered
>>> by choosing the TransformedTextured vertex format, but for some reason
>>> or another I cannot get any rotation to occur via the View transform.
>>> Is this *because* of the vertex format I'm using?
>>>
>>> If I choose PositionTextured and put in the same values I can't see
>>> the polygon?!? why is this? I tried looking up what the RHW value was
>>> all about and just got mightily confused. But anyway, any ideas on what
>>> I'm doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Nick.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CustomVertex confusion
    ... the C++ Programmers Guide has a lot of good information in it, ... replicated in the M-DX doc-set. ... >> transformed vertices are already transformed, ... >> using Position style vertices is the ticket. ...
  • Re: "Colourizing"
    ... > Nick. ... >> I was thinking that I might need to transform the image to grey scale ... >> but all I have ended up with so far is a plain white image as a result. ... >> or would I have to convert to greyscale first?? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
  • Re: CustomVertex confusion
    ... > Nick. ... >> another I cannot get any rotation to occur via the View transform. ...
  • Re: f belongs to L1(R)-->f^ is continuous (using DCT) plz help
    ... is it your nick name,:) thank you very much for the answer. ... have some confusion; ... Plz reply. ...
    (sci.math)