Re: CustomVertex confusion

From: Nak (a_at_a.com)
Date: 10/30/04

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:11:55 +0100

Not to worry, I finally have it sorted now. I didn't realise that the
coordinates work on a different scale when using PositionTextured rather
than TransformedTextured. I have a spinny thing at last!

Nick.

"Nak" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hi again,
>
> I've just tried going for a translation transform also but the polygon
> still stays in the same position! Damn and blast....
>
> Nick.
>
> "Nak" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am having troubles selecting which custom vertex I require for my
>> application (cos I'm new to this). Anyway, I have basically a
>> rectangular texturemapped polygon, and I wish to be able to rotate it and
>> the like. So far I can only get the textured polygon to get rendered by
>> choosing the TransformedTextured vertex format, but for some reason or
>> another I cannot get any rotation to occur via the View transform. Is
>> this *because* of the vertex format I'm using?
>>
>> If I choose PositionTextured and put in the same values I can't see
>> the polygon?!? why is this? I tried looking up what the RHW value was
>> all about and just got mightily confused. But anyway, any ideas on what
>> I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Nick.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Colourizing"
    ... > Nick. ... >> I was thinking that I might need to transform the image to grey scale ... >> but all I have ended up with so far is a plain white image as a result. ... >> or would I have to convert to greyscale first?? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
  • Re: CustomVertex confusion
    ... transformed vertices are already transformed, ... using Position style vertices is the ticket. ... perhaps reading on vertex types in the C++ docs is worthwhile. ... >> Nick. ...
  • Re: f belongs to L1(R)-->f^ is continuous (using DCT) plz help
    ... is it your nick name,:) thank you very much for the answer. ... have some confusion; ... Plz reply. ...
    (sci.math)