Learn DirectX needs Advices from Pro

From: Kepler (Kepler_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:29:04 -0700

Hi,
      am 25 years old and I want to learn DirectX .... I want to know if I
go and learn C++ and some win32 and DirectX, will I fall behind (the current
philosophy of all managed like C# or I will be obselete in 2-3 years ) ? or
if I learn managed ... would I ever be able to get a job in the industry or
work on a commercial game ? (I took a course on Dx9 at www.gameinstitute.com
and it's all in C++ ) but I am more interested in managed compared to c++
.... it's just seem to be it's safer for a carreer ....

so from a career standpoint which is better/wiser now ?

(I already learned some c++ in the past and now I am already doing some C#)

What I should do ?

Thanks a lot