RE: Microsoft.DirectX.dll not installed with Directx 9.0c and .NET Fra

From: Bartlomiej Miszkurka (BartlomiejMiszkurka_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/26/04

    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:09:07 -0700

    "Use /installmanageddx command line parameter if using DXSetup.exe"
    (directx redist.txt)

    Look at folder:
    (from Total Commander)
    X:\Windows\assembly\GAC\

    (from Explorer)
    X:\Windows\assembly\

    (before and after installation with /installmanageddx parameter
    look for Microsoft.DirectX [folder in TC or object in Explorer])

    "Alex Gray" wrote:

    > I've read various posts on this subject, but the solution eludes me.
    > I developed an application using the Microsoft.DirectX.dll, and it
    > works fine on my development machine, but when i put it on other
    > machines, it doesn't work.
    > I get the usual:
    > Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly
    > name Microsoft.DirectX, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    > File name: "Microsoft.DirectX"
    > at MyApp.Main()
    >
    > === Pre-bind state information ===
    > LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 (Fully-specified)
    > LOG: Appbase = C:\temp\Debug\
    > LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    > Calling assembly : MyApp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=null.
    > ===
    > LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    > LOG: Host configuration file not found.
    > LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    > C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    > LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/temp/Debug/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/temp/Debug/Microsoft.DirectX/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/temp/Debug/Microsoft.DirectX.EXE.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/temp/Debug/Microsoft.DirectX/Microsoft.DirectX.EXE.
    >
    > I tried it on various WinXP machines, all producing the same error.
    > Fine, i read the posting and you have install on the customer's
    > machine FIRST .NET Framework 1.1 followed by "DirectX 9.0c End-User
    > Runtime". Nothing worked. I tried it myself to no avail. I tried it
    > on 6 different machines (one machine was a suped up gaming machine
    > that has the latest and greatest games like DOOM3 and Unreal2004), all
    > having .NET Framework 1.1 AND DirectX 9.0c.
    > What gives? What are all these machines missing? I tried the mananged
    > tutorial exe's that come with the SDK and none of them work on any of
    > the machines BUT my machine. Please don't tell me i have to install
    > the Software Development Kit on all of my customer's machines!
    >
    > -alex-

    • Re: Complaint about update site
      ... downloading them on both machines. ... dozen updates to windows xp since sp2. ... I'm just trying save download time. ... I would be faster to accept the EULA, click install, check ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Where are packages cached localy on the machine that installs them?
      ... downloaded them, I cna NFS mount that location on other machines, and avoid ... them having to also download the same pacages before installing them. ... I assume that if I try to install a package, ... how can I share the lisy fo available packages thet is ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Licence caanot be authorised on new PC
      ... Microsoft has no de-activation system. ... install it on another computer. ... Office 2007 Ultimate working correctly on 3 machines, ... Can you please definitively clarify whether the licence covers 2 or 3 ...
      (microsoft.public.office.misc)
    • Re: Delphi and the .Net platform
      ... More deployment requirements on machines that you don't control. ... only use feature that are in Fx2.0 the resulting client app will run ... downloads what is needed and in my case it was a 36MB download that took ... force you to install everything again. ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: Probes on Port 135 and 445 continue
      ... The house has a slow DSL connection, ... We removed more than 3000 viruses from their machines when they arrived ... about it, and you have to believe you need it, to install it. ... virus spammer infection - sending about 250 email's out from 6 infected ...
      (comp.security.misc)