Re: making a generic high level 3DAPI on top of mdx

From: Minh Truong ("mtruong2)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:16:46 -0400

Robert Ludewig wrote:
> Would you think there would be a public "need" for such an API that would
> justify to put the development on a larger scale ?

I don't know if there's currently a "need". It's entirely up to the MDX
community. I don't feel like there's enough critical mass yet. If you
look at unmanaged DX, there are scores of higher up-level API -- of
course unmanaged DX has amassed many more followers.

Regarding performance loss, I don't think you'd notice that significant
of a performance difference. If you have:

C# code -> MDX -> DX

it's very similar to:

C# code -> Your API -> MDX -> DX

I'd bet there won't even be any difference.

-----
http://1DudeGames.com