Re: Please recomend directx book?

From: Sam Jones (
Date: 10/14/04

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:46:23 -0400

Thanks for the info Andrew. I will check this book out.

BTW, If I did play Pete, I don't think I would be a programmer :)
"Andrew Vardeman" <> wrote in message
> A decent one is _Managed DirectX 9: Graphics and Game Programming_ by
> Tom Miller (the main author of the managed wrappers for DirectX). It's
> a great overview, but once you get into details in any one area you'll
> need more. Unfortunately, in the managed world, I'm not sure there
> always *is* more. The MS documentation itself is incredibly sparse.
> Andrew
> p.s. do you play Pete on Smallville?
> Sam Jones wrote:
> > I am looking for a new book on directx using C#. I was looking at the
> > Apress book but one Amazon reviewer said it does not work with the
> > directx bits releasted this summer by Microsoft.
> >
> > Thanks!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stereoscopic -> 3D
    ... Andrew is trying to take the stereoscopic images and use the differences ... The question has no real relevance to directx its a math ... > make sure your video driver has support. ...
  • Re: open gl problem
    ... OpenGL is a competitor to DirectX, thus that's not going to help ... Microsoft MVP - Digital Media ... "Andrew E" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Direct X 9.0c new FEB release is GOOD!
    ... You seem to be confusing DirectX with Direct3D. ... Andrew, contact via ... Help make Usenet a better place: ...