Re: Please recomend directx book?

From: Andrew Vardeman (andrewv_at_iastate.edu)
Date: 10/14/04

    Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:11:58 -0500

    A decent one is _Managed DirectX 9: Graphics and Game Programming_ by
    Tom Miller (the main author of the managed wrappers for DirectX). It's
    a great overview, but once you get into details in any one area you'll
    need more. Unfortunately, in the managed world, I'm not sure there
    always *is* more. The MS documentation itself is incredibly sparse.

    Andrew

    p.s. do you play Pete on Smallville?

    Sam Jones wrote:
    > I am looking for a new book on directx using C#. I was looking at the
    > Apress book but one Amazon reviewer said it does not work with the latest
    > directx bits releasted this summer by Microsoft.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    • Please recomend directx book?
      ... I am looking for a new book on directx using C#. ... Apress book but one Amazon reviewer said it does not work with the latest ... directx bits releasted this summer by Microsoft. ...
    • Exception reading caps..
      ... Game Programming" by Tom Miller, and despite knowing more about ... non-managed DirectX than the book has thusfar covered, ...