Detect DirectX on Install

From: Chris Hastings (chrshstngs_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/11/04

    Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:44:48 -0500

    Does anyone know how to detect for DirectX 9.0c during installation? I'm
    using VS.NET 2003 with a deployment project to create a setup. I'm not sure
    how to have it detect for DirectX.
    Thanks!
    Chris

    (I posted this once, but I didn't see it, so if this is a duplicate, I
    apologize)

    • Re: Including d3dx9_24.dll with shipping title
      ... Traditionally PC games have tacked the DirectX runtime installation on to ... the end of their setup scripts as an 'optional' component. ... tack the DX EULA on to the end of your existing EULA display at the ... proceed with the installation of your title. ...
    • Re: Unanswered Question Asked By Many
      ... > Norton CleanSweep monitored the installation and I used CleanSweep to ... I read on Microsoft's support web site that DirectX 9.0b causes ... > network using scanner software physically running on a different machine. ... > initially selected "Administrator" for the administrator account name ...
    • Unanswered Question Asked By Many
      ... Norton CleanSweep monitored the installation and I used CleanSweep to remove ... I did check out my DirectX. ... network using scanner software physically running on a different machine. ... initially selected "Administrator" for the administrator account name during ...
    • Re: Unanswered Question Asked By Many
      ... >>> this problem only presents itself while using a dialup internet ... >>> Norton CleanSweep monitored the installation and I used CleanSweep to ... along with hand searching to ensure that all ... >>> Microsoft IM load on boot, I did check out my DirectX. ...
    • Re: Unanswered Question Asked By Many
      ... disabling fxssvc.exe was one of the earliest things I did try. ... >> this problem only presents itself while using a dialup internet ... >> Norton CleanSweep monitored the installation and I used CleanSweep to ... >> Microsoft IM load on boot, I did check out my DirectX. ...