SkinnedMesh bug/question

From: Larry Fuqua (LarryFuqua_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:07:03 -0700

After installing the October update, the texture on my skinnedmesh was no
longer working. I kept getting the texture for another model. After
basically resorting to just moving code around I found that if I attempted to
load the textures prior to converting the mesh to a blended mesh, the texture
wouldn't work. But if I loaded the texture after converting the mesh it did
work. This didn't matter before installing the Octoboer update. Below is
the code pieces:

Texture[] meshTextures = null;
LoadTextures(meshData.Mesh.Device, meshCntr.GetMaterials(), out meshTextures);
meshCntr.SetTextures(meshTextures);

int numInfl = 0;
BoneCombination[] boneCombos;
meshData.Mesh = skinInfo.ConvertToBlendedMesh(meshData.Mesh,
MeshFlags.Managed | MeshFlags.OptimizeVertexCache,
meshCntr.GetAdjacencyStream(), out numInfl, out boneCombos);

My guess is that my problem has to do with my lack of C# knowledge, but I
would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me why the above code
doesn't work.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem Loading Simple Mesh
    ... like it isn't shading the object, but just appling the texture so the object ... //globabl variables for the mesh ... Mesh\Sample\tiger.x", MeshFlags.SystemMemory, device, out materials); ... //used to render the mesh to backbuffer ...
  • Re: Can Microsoft people answer my last post, please?
    ... Microsoft DirectX MVP 1998-2006 ... and a mesh. ... chapter of a book to disable texture colores and alpha. ... State the basis of your problem, i.e. when rendering a triangle list ...
  • Re: Creating mesh of a tiled circle
    ... This round mesh is supposed to describe the ... is 256x256px and the arena is to be quite large. ... Select texture coordinates at the four corners so ... (the circle itself). ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Textures and Meshes
    ... > I want render a texture on a mesh. ... > ich möchte gerne eine Textur auf ein Mesh-Objekt ... > Nun habe ich gelesen, dass diese Meshes keine Texturkoordinaten besitzen. ...
  • Re: Combining vertexBuffers
    ... take a look at the Texture3D DShow sample for how to map a video onto a 3D ... it might be easier to create a simple texture map with plain 2d ... have a separate mesh per "line" or have one big mesh, ... > into a single vertex buffer. ...