Re: installation of dx9 managed doesn't work...

From: Larry (Larry_at_NoSpam.com)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:25:08 -0700

>I think he's referring to something as such:
>
> C:\DirectX\dxsetup.exe /InstallManagedDx

I have typed this and it never has worked, I only get the install options
box with the command line parameters. I have tried it with the .msi too but
it won't take the above parameter.

> Where C:\DirectX is where he extracted the DX9 redist. install files from
> the self-extracting .exe.
>
> Here's my theory on it. The dxsetup.exe only detects for DX9 run-time to
> be installed. If you already have DX9c installed and you don't have
> managed DX, doing the above command-line switch won't do any good, and the
> dxsetup.exe will think you already have dx9c installed and just skip the
> install, completely ignoring MDX install. In this case, a manual execution
> of mdxredist.msi is necessary. Otherwise, if a computer w/o DX9c runs the
> above command-line statement, I think all should go well. Tell me if I'm
> mistaken.
>
> -Jarred

It makes sense to me, but I am pretty much lost now when it comes to
DirectX. I have been trying to get DX9-2004 to install the debugger and
VStudio options concerning the debugger for over two months! I have gotten
so ticked off at trying to get answers that I am switching back to OpenGL.
I have tried so many things and one thing seems certain to me concerning
DirectX. Nothing is for sure and the dang thing aint stable. Sorry I am
not more supportive but I can't even get an answer out of Microsoft on this
problem. I have a fast 2.2gig Dell PC with 512ram and XP-Pro and nothing
out of the ordinary at all. I have installed XP fresh 6 times totally for
DX9 and it won't fully install. I have installed it before SP1 and after,
before SP2 and after. Made no difference. After reinstalling XP, .net was
the 1rst install and DX9 the 2nd, made no difference to them being the last
installed. I'm stumped!

Thanks for your help, Larry.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XCode Download
    ... /Developer/SDKs but is now using a Developer/SDKs folder inside the ... Except that you can't build anything with GCC just by installing the ... any command-line tools. ... so you click to install them. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: ps2pdf???
    ... I've heard that there exists an epstopdf.py as part of many Linux ... command-line front-end for gswin32c.exe. ... Learning to install and ... The problem with Windows is that there are all sorts of limits and hidden ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: best software for RAR repair?
    ... but how do i install the rar program? ... traditional command-line operating ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Python education survey
    ... Students may not be experienced with the command-line and may be ... easy to install and configure (startup directory, path, associated ... some python distros aren't built with the requisite ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Subversion GUI, maybe in java
    ... I didnt feel like correcting it. ... commands and is more than the command-line client. ... can install through the update manager or just unzip unto Eclipse structure. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)