Re: Vertex Processing

From: Philip Taylor [ATI] (ptaylor_at_online.newsgroup-poster.ati.com)
Date: 10/05/04

    Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:03:15 -0700

    you would use SW vertex processing if the vertices needed to be operated on
    by the CPU, skinning or collision detection for instance.

    Mixed creates a device where you can switch back and forth between SW and
    HW, allowing you to render tris that need no CPU processing with HW and tris
    that need CPU processing with SW.

    See "Processing Vertex Data" and "Device Types and Vertex Processing
    Requirements"